Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Min/Max Width & Floats

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mtro

Hello,

I am new to the forum here. I am trying to create div’s that will automatically resize. I am making a 3 column design (#content, #left, #right) that will run on a CMS, and when the CMS doesn’t output one of the columns, I want #content to resize and use the availible space.

It seems like I could use min- and max-width to do this, but I need some help. Here is a drawing of what I am trying to do, with the left side being ideal and the right side being what happens.

For SEO purposes, the nesting order inside #wrapper is: #content, #right, #left

What am I missing? And is this the best way to go about doing this?

Thank you,
    -Mtro

hardik

i couldnt see drawing as it required login

but i think you need to look for css grids which have option for
    fluid width.

google might help :)

let me know if you need more help.

Mtro

Here’s a different link. http://www.48dutch.net/mitch/min-max-float.png

Maybe it’s overkill, though. A more simple question: how do I create resizable divs in css, with no special html/php, that will shrink when sharing a wrapper with floats?

I’ve definably googled a good bit, but this is either too specific for a good search, or there’s terminology that I don’t know. As far as grids, I’m somewhat new to CSS and am trying to learn from the ground up, so that when I start using grids (or base themes in CMS), I’ll understand how they are working.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.