Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Microsoft Office 2013 vs Office 2010 system resources

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sergeivisotsky
    Participant

Does Microsoft Office 2013 spend more system resources than Office 2010?

Paulie_D

Frankly I don’t think this is a topic best suited to a Web development focused forum.

You might find more accurate information on a site focusing on Windows OS.

sea-ss
    Participant

Really!? What part of the subtitle of this specific area of the forum entitled “Other Discussions” that states “Any discussion that doesn’t fit in the others. Web tech or otherwise.” Does this question not fit!?

Well, at least you didn’t demand a codepin from the guy before senselessly berating the person.

@Chris
    This is why many people leave this forum. If people have nothing helpful to add they should simply remain silent. The question asked is legitimate for this section as it fits within “otherwise”.

Paulie_D

Hey, I didn’t say it wasn’t allowed to be posted or “not fit” or use any of the moderation tools at my disposal to stop discussion.

I tried to point out that the question isn’t best suited to the environment and suggested that he might find more accurate and informed answers in other places.

Oh….and at what point did I “berate” the OP.

This is why many people leave this forum

I’m sure you have independent evidence of “many people” leaving…right?

If people have nothing helpful to add they should simply remain silent.

Well, I was trying to be helpful in pointing out that other sites might be better placed to answer but clearly I’ve missed my aim.

As for remaining silent…I was venturing an opinion….and I’m allowed to do that…as are you.

Anyway, I hope the OP gets the information he’s looking for.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624351.aspx

https://products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements

sea-ss
    Participant

Hey, I didn’t say it wasn’t allowed to be posted or “not fit” or use any of the moderation tools at my disposal to stop discussion.

I tried to point out that the question isn’t best suited to the environment and suggested that he might find more accurate and informed answers in other places.

What does it hurt to seek answers from numerous sites!? I am certain that there are users on here that can fully address the question the person asked, SO LET THEM!!!

Oh….and at what point did I “berate” the OP.

Perhaps troll is a better term.

I’m sure you have independent evidence of “many people” leaving…right?

Those that have left this forum, or don’t stay long, did/do so because of YOU! You pull this stuff frequently, and ask for codepens that aren’t needed to answer a question, and underhandedly make fun of those whose native language isn’t English by statements that “I don’t know quite what you’re asking”. Yet others inevitably step in and answer the question without a problem. I you aren’t bright enough to deal with it, step back and remain silent.

You superiority complex is entertaining only to you. Decent people find it revolting.

Anyway, I hope the OP gets the information he’s looking for.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624351.aspx
    https://products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements

Couldn’t you have just offered that from the get go, or are you simply doing so now in an attempt to save face?

Paulie_D

Perhaps troll is a better term.

Hmmm…glass houses.

ask for codepens that aren’t needed to answer a question,

I might ask for a Codepen where I think they would be useful or would better explain the requirement…or to replace codedumps which aren’t useful or detailed enough.

and underhandedly make fun of those whose native language isn’t English by statements that “I don’t know quite what you’re asking”.

Now, you’re reading something into a plain statement that just isn’t there.

The fact is that I don’t quite understand what the OP is asking so I ask for clarification…often this might take the form of asking for a Codepen or a design image because those often explain what the OP is after better than they can make clear an a second language.

I would never and have never made fun of someone’s language skills except my own… :)

As for my moderation of this and other sections, I often comment to either request clarification for the members asking questions or for others who might wish to answer. That’s what moderators do. I might be more involved than some others because I have, perhaps, more free time.

I’m trying to expand my skills in some areas so I might stick my head in to try and learn for my own benefit.

If I can’t answer I’ll try and learn from those who can…I’ve learned a lot just hanging around in the JS section.

Anyway, welcome to CSS-Tricks and I’ll try to do better for you.

sea-ss
    Participant

Anyway, welcome to CSS-Tricks and I’ll try to do better for you.

Don’t do it for me (this isn’t about me), do it for those users seeking answers (they deserve it), and for yourself because you have a admirable skill to share and enlighten others with. Learning CSS and other coding can be discouraging enough without getting a run around on top of it. That’s as maddening to others as not getting any answer at all.

Don’t feel like I’m singling you out or that it’s personal. When I was here before, under another name, I took others to task who I perceived were being unfair to you, and to others. I have this pet peeve about people being unkind to others.

Thank you for the welcome.

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.