Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other messed up wp uninstall

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nants

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone might have a solution for a wp uninstall problem I created today! It was suggested to me to do a fresh re-install because of some template issues, so I “did”. I used fantastico to delete my wp blog (intending to reinstall a fresh copy). I did that but when I tried to re-install WP, it said there was a problem with a previous file. I Youtubed “uninstalling wp” and the guy said to find the remaining wp files and change the permissions to 777 and delete them. I did that. Went to install wp again… still a problem. Here is the message I got.

“Install WordPress (2/3)
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user ‘nancyhal’@’localhost’ (using password: YES) in/tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1305914978.11251b9oK8pe4qo on line1642
    Access denied for user ‘nancyhal’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)”

I appreciate any assistance you can offer with this. Thank You!

Nants

Luminated

Not sure if you got this figured out but it looks like the user for the MySQL Database needs fixing, which basically means an incorrect user or password. Not sure what process you are using to run this (manual install or automated through a cPanel) so I can’t be much more help than this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.