Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Menu positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rhino111
    Participant

Hi,
    Fist time post:)

Im developing a wp site

http://appianseo.com.s68355.gridserver.com/

and I noticed that my menu section text position on my main page is just a but off from when my sticky menu kicks in after you select a section. Seems like its a few pixels foo maybe the padding on the main page? Anyway im pulling out my hair trying to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

shaneisme
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure exactly what you mean by “just a bit off”, but I can assume that you’re talking about the 20px on .menu.

Basically there’s that margin-top: 20px so when you scroll down that 20px is scrolled through before the navbar is set to position: fixed with top: 0.

So I can only theorize, since I don’t know what’s supposed to happen, that the 20px buffer when scrolling down is so small that it looks like it’s jumping a little.

Unless you’re talking about something else.

Senff
    Participant

It’s not really off, it’s just scrolling a bit to the top and then stays there. You’ll see it a little better what I mean if you add this to your CSS:

.stuckMenu.navbar-wrapper {
    background: #333;
    }

If you want the menu to be stuck at the top (without that space above), remove the top margin of 20 pixels from .menu.

EDIT: @shaneisme was faster than me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.