Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Menu hover and active suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dcp3450
    Participant

I created a pretty nice menu with the letterpress effect. Looks great on the site and my boss loves it. I’m trying to work out a nice hover and active state for the menu items though. I know some jquery and not afraid to try something new. I would love some animation for the hover state. Racking my brain to come up with an idea thought you guys could might help me think of something or spark an idea in my head. thanks!

(image of menu is attached)

craigfarrall

I think before you totally think about how the coding of the hover / active state will be, I think you need to concentrate on designing it first, so open up your preferred program for this and start doing it in there, you can then see what fits and what doesn’t, saves wasteing time with the coding which you might not use.

And during that process you can the decide what method to then take.

dcp3450
    Participant

it is designed, the whole site is. I’m trying to come up with a hove and active menu state is all.

craigfarrall

On the design does it have the active / hover states of the menu then? because this would help with this decision.

dcp3450
    Participant

Thats what I’m trying to decide: color change, depth change, underline, box, etc. I wanted some opinions on some have and active states before I designed them. I was looking for help with some ideas.

craigfarrall
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.