Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Mentorship?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    damon
    Participant

I have been convinced of the value of finding a mentor in my field (front end web development), but I’m not sure where to find that.

What options are available online for hands on mentorship?

I’m not a beginner per se. I’ve been doing code for a while. But I want to level up and am curious what options I might have for that online. I know about books, I know about online courses etc.

I’m wondering about a community, maybe even this one, where really smart people are willing to do a bit of handholding.

shaneisme
    Participant

Books and community will get you so far. Working on a team is the fastest way to learn. If you don’t have experience or a degree, you can still find junior level positions, or even content manager positions, which will get you on track.

I was fortunate enough to be given a chance in a junior position, it was only then that I realized how little I knew and was able to grow exponentially from there.

shaneisme
    Participant

What server? I haven’t used IRC in yeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrsssss…

Also, in the very near future I’ll be hiring for a Jr. Front-End Dev here at my office… if you’re in the Bay (or are awesome and willing to relocate) let me know.

damon
    Participant

Yeah never got too into IRC but that’s probably a solid idea.

I’m actually decently experienced actually, I just want to find people more experienced to bounce ideas off of because I’m getting into areas and technologies I haven’t used much before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.