Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS meet the team page – page view

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hello,

New to this forum, first post…and not sure if this is the right topic for my question…

Working on one of my first websites, so quite a noob at this.
    Saw the topic about creating a ‘meet the team’ page from Kevin Leary.
    the explanation of creating a page like that, is awesome however the screenshot displayed at the tutorial shows a 2 column view.

Somehow (working for 2 days on this already) I can’t get the 2 column view. I searched the web and this forum on creating two columns, but I can’t get it to work :-(

Any help is welkom…

John

Paulie_D

We probably need a demo.

Codepen is your friend here.

John
    Participant

Should have thought on that one. Because it’s local on my laptop, I had to create one. Here is my demo: http://goo.gl/Y8F3yw

John
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply __!

That seems to be quite an easy solution. I followed your suggestion in using column-* and that works, however the header of the page is also displayed in the column instead of page wide.

Therefor I created a separate section for the header of the page…so that is solved as well. The only thing then is when I have an odd number of members, part of the last profile in column 1 is transported to the second column.

Is there a way to force the view a complete profile in a column (so in the case of my current demo, three profiles in the first column and two in the second?
    or do I have to use “display: inline-block” then instead?

thanks in advance!

John
    Participant

meanwhile been working on the “display: inline-block” suggestion. Works well too, but because it creates rows as mentioned it’s possible that there will be a big gap under the profile in case the other profile in the same row is bigger (due to a larger description).

So prefer the possibility (if there is) to force a complete profile in the left and start with a new profile on top of the right column.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.