Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS @media screen and (min-height: 768px)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kmattingly

I’m trying to implement a media query that will only show a background image when a user is on a larger screen.

I tried using this:

@media screen and (min-width: 768px), screen and (min-height: 768px) {
    #bgImg img.myImage {visibility:visible;}
    }

but it’s not working, the image still shows up when the browser window is less than 768px. I can’t find a good example of implementing a media query for both height and width at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

polson1000
    Participant

I only have a blackberry so no sure it this works or not on a larger screen on hand held, but I have tested it and it displays an background img on my PC and not on my blackberry.

polson1000
    Participant
    kmattingly

Thanks polson1000 for your input. It’s still not working though :)

Here’s a better peek at the (horribly written, I’m sure) code I’m working with:

Title

Text goes here.

TheDoc

@kmattingly – please wrap your code in < pre> and < code> tags. You can find the button right beside the ‘italicize’ button when you are writing your post. I’ve fixed the one above for you.

polson1000
    Participant

EPC London Live Site Example

Hi I have just made an example on of my live sites. I cannot make such a dramatic change such as a background image as it is live. However if you look at the footer you will notice that the image is removed on handhelds (min-width: 768px) and (min-height: 768px). http://www.commercial-london-epc.co.uk/epc-london.html.

.twoColFixRtHdr #footer{ width:960px; height:60px; background-image:url(images/footerimage.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px}
    @media only all and (min-width: 768px) and (min-height: 768px) {
    .twoColFixRtHdr #footer{
    background-image:none;
    background-color:#333;
    }
    }

Was the code that this was done with in your code I notice that there is no call to background-image:url(IMAGE_URL_HERE); in your style sheet. Can you place the site online so I can have a look?

kmattingly

@polson1000 – here is a link: Test

I’m not actually using a background-image because I wanted the image to scale to 75% of the width of the page – I didn’t think I could do that with it set as a background image.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.