Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Media query problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johned
    Participant

I am designing a page which has a slightly different design for screen sizes 768px and up. So I have done “display: none;” to hide all the larger screen info for the smaller screens for each media query which has worked. The problem is when I get to the 768px width (line 338 on my CSS). If I do “display none” on this media query for the parts that I only want on smaller screens is also removes it from my smaller screens which it should not do. Where am I going wrong? I have also tries doing “min-width” for the screen size 768px but when I do that it just shows all the parts I only want on the larger screens on the smaller screens. I have attached my HTML and CSS code http://codepen.io/Johned22/pen/vKzAyd
    Thanks

Shikkediel
    Participant

Without looking at the pen further (too much code for myself there), I’d say to just define a display: block for the smaller screen sizes. I’m assuming the issue arises when you’re resizing back and forth, it’ll stick with the style that hides the elements unless that is overwritten.

johned
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback.
    When you say to define a display block for the smaller pages do you mean something like this-
    @media screen and (max-width: 700px) {
    body {
    display: block;
    }

I tried this for the 700px screen and I am still having the same problem. When I delete one of the parts that should only be for the smaller screens in the 768px media query this part is also removed from the smaller screens

I.m.learning
    Participant

In your pen I don’t see your media querie. But one thing you can do is just create a separate style sheet for each breakpoint. Test the mobile style to make sure it works by itself. If you haven’t tried it yet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.