Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Media Query issue (I'm having a brain fart)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tell Stevens
    Participant

Ok. I built this website based on my full browser width and now I’m having to work it back down. Everything was working fine. However now that I’m going in and adding my media query to shrink the font size of my nav when I hit 1152 it is disregarding the initial font formatting set on basic.css line 150. I know it something stupid and simple that I’m missing but can someone please point out what I’m doing wrong?

http://encore-domains.com/jacoby/jacoby-feeds/

Paulie_D

I think you have bigger issues than font-size as 1152…your whole site breaks at that width.

In fact the whole nav disappears between 1024 and 1152….so there must be something else going on.

How many media queries do you have…I can only see one

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px)

It looks to me as though the basic styling BELOW 1024 is not there.

Tell Stevens
    Participant

No I don’t have any styling below 1024 px yet. What I’m trying to figure out is why my default styling seems to be disappearing (which would be above 1152). But as I start clicking around I’m noticing it seems to be on that particular navigation div and not on other parts of the company. (Don’t judge me this was my first multi-divisional website and the css got verrrry sloppy.)

Paulie_D

I suspect that part of the problem my be that the nav hasn’t been designed below 1024.

Further to that, you are using em in your font-sizing and that cascade may cause the font-to be too small to actually see…or perhaps the color has been altered some way.

Retro-fitting media queries is a pain…but what you might like to consider is switching the queries you have.

Perhaps you might try commenting out the media query you have at the moment and putting a new media query right at the top of the CSS based on MAX-width….not MIN.

https://css-tricks.com/logic-in-media-queries/

Your large screen styles are in your regular screen CSS and then as the screen gets smaller you override what you need to. So, max-width media queries in general.

Paulie_D

Ahh..I see you have made some adjustments already.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.