Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Media Queries issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MT Fresco
    Participant

hi all,

I am using bootstrap 3.2 for one of my client website. I am using col-xs-6 to do responsive portfolio page. Actually I want to remove col-xs-6 when it went to 480px dimension.

Thanks in advance.

Paulie_D

Actually I want to remove col-xs-6 when it went to 480px dimension.

It’s not clear what you are trying to do.

Do you have a media query for 480px?

Do you have a link we could look at?

TheDutchCoder
    Participant

Bootstrap doesn’t seem to have responsive show/hide classes, but you can create them yourself.

Example:

/* Mobile hiding/showing */
    .hide-m {
      display: none;
    }

.show-m {
      display: block;
    }

/* Laptop hiding/showing */
    @media screen and (min-width: 768px) {
      .hide-l {
      }

.show-l {
      }

}

/* Desktop hiding/showing */
    @media screen and (min-width: 992px) {
      .hide-d {
      }

.show-d {
      }

}

Not sure if I’m using the right Bootstrap media queries, but you can alter them yourself ;-)

Then to show/hide a column you can do:
    <div class="col hide-l show-d"></div>

Which will show the column on mobile, hide it on laptop and show it on desktop.

Krish1980
    Participant

I am using bootstrap 3.2 for one of my client website. I am using col-xs-6 to do responsive portfolio page. Actually I want to remove col-xs-6 when it went to 480px dimension.

You’ll have to write your own media query since Bootstrap targets the breakpoints – ≥1200px (large devices,lg),≥992px(medium devices,md),≥768px(small devices, sm) and <768px(extra small devices, xs)

If you wish to ‘remove'(as in hide) the col at 480px, you’ll have to add a custom class that hides the container (actually since bootstrap uses min-width media queries it might be more consistent to do it the reverse way – hide it to begin with and then reveal it above 480px by using min-width)

If you wish to remove the ‘xs-6’ property, then again , you’ll have to add a custom class that makes the column full width(100%) below 480px. Only do this if it is absolutely essential to target the 480px breakpoint, because Bootstrap has an sm class too – “sm-6” for instance which becomes full width(100%) below 768px.

Krish1980
    Participant

@TheDutchCoder

You could do the same with Bootstrap too, just not for the break-point mentioned by the OP

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#responsive-utilities-classes

MT Fresco
    Participant

Thanks all of you for your kind answers.

Actually one of my facebook friend told me solution last night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.