Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Media Queries: CSS vs HTML

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ampitere
    Participant

I’m currently debating whether or not to use strictly CSS or throw in redirects to pages configured with HTML and CSS to managed iPad/tablet and iPhone/Droid users. I’m not sure whether or not one would be quicker, although I think that if I were to create an entirely new design for these devices it would look better and function in a manner that is more preferable.

My question is, what do you use (if at all)? What do you think is best? Why?

Hope to hear from you soon.

TheDoc

Currently, I’m not doing anything. The majority of designs that I’ve been doing lately have been quite simple and render nicely on mobile devices. BUT in two projects from now I will be doing it and I’ll be going the CSS route. I think a ‘responsive’ site is better than ‘three separate sites’.

Ampitere
    Participant

Yeah, I’m debating not doing it at all really. It seems as though the development of the products has come to the point where it’s pointless to absolutely need a media query to assist the devices in rendering the website.

So long as it functions and works well, it shouldn’t cause any problems. But, with the evolution of more devices coming to market I have the slight feeling web developers are going to have to start adjusting to accommodate a specific market. For now, I guess we can just skip it.

SgtLegend

CSS all the way, creating and managing multiple specific device pages will cause you issues where as just simply using a few media queries saves on all that work.

halwits2011

yes i think css is a very important part of our website so you can easily managed it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.