Matt Egan Designs – Please Comment
# June 30, 2008 at 6:00 am
Hey there guys, new here, and I’ll be sure to help out in the troubleshooting forms regualry, I’m a big fan of css-tricks!
So. Im only 14, and I can program and design (I hope) so, I thought, why not start helping people out with their websites and make a profit at the same time, I’m tired of mowing lawns, I made 3k but its to much work.
Tell me how you like
Matt# June 30, 2008 at 9:13 am
Here’s a summary of my quick check:
# June 30, 2008 at 12:25 pm
- Please make it Strict XHTML, since it shouldn’t be much hassle – why not show that you’re really serious about it[/*:m]
- What’s with the divide-image file? Shouldn’t really be a problem to get the same effect with CSS.[/*:m]
- Make "About Matt" and "Get in Contact" change places – or even get the "My Work" list up, as it’s what visitors will be after when visiting[/*:m]
- The teaser? I’d like to see it done in CSS, so it’d be more accessible to screen readers and such (text browsers won’t see anything there)[/*:m]
- The footer-links should stand out some, to show the visitors that it’s something they can click on[/*:m][/list:u]
I’m sorry if I sound harsh. Nothing personal.
Ok, I think I did a pretty good job of doing what you suggested, thanks a lot.
Its now valid XHTML strict.
Yeah, I took out the divider image file, originally I planned for there to be some cool little 1 px line there, but I decided that that would look like crap, so I scraped it and just left a blank image on accident and forgot to take it out.
I switched the "About Me" section with the "What I Offer" section.
I am currently working on my portolio, and going to fill it with some design’s ill do for myself. Thats in the works, don’t worry…
I’m not exactly sure how to do the teaser in Css, seeing as there is 3 borders and a font that I can almost guarantee isn’t on many computers.
And I made the footer links stand out some as you said.
People on other forums didn’t seem to like the sunburst, so I took that out and used a quick floral brush I have to just put a little thing in the corner, I wonder if they’ll like that better… Any comments on how it looks?
Matt# July 1, 2008 at 5:21 am"rcmatt4321" wrote:What do you mean by making the footer in css, it is.
Sorry for being somewhat unclear, English is not my main language. I was referring to your "images/footer.png": The main content’s footer, not the page’s.
And I do hope you’re planning on the teaser-text, since it’ll be improved SEO-wise too, if it’s text and not an image.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.