Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Mark a discussion as solved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    snillor

I’ve never been able to edit my first post, so I never see the checkbox mentioned above.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Flag me will you!?

It has always worked fine for me so I have always thought it was working for OP’s :)

I shall investigate…

Rob MacKay
    Participant

That’s interesting. The plugin that was created to display the “solved” box dosen’t show up for registered members. I think if I remember right, Chris told me it was a custom plugin made to help us out on this form – maybe it’s hard coded for mods higher. I will poke Chris and find out, coz if it’s that it would be a pretty simple fix in the code of the plugin.

TheDoc

Thanks, Rob!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I just made it so all registered users have permission to check the checkbox “Mark as solved” lemme know if it works.

Paulie_D

I’m not even seeing a checkbox FTIW.

stevendeeds

Push eject on your CD drive three times, say “I appreciate leonard nimoy” six times, and offer up a microchip sacrifice to the gods of the internet. Wait 6 hours, rinse and repeat until problem post is marked solved.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

You forgot “spin round chanting praise to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs 6 x 66 times” @stevendeeds

snillor

I’m not presented with any option to edit my first post; not seeing any checkbox.

chrisburton
    Participant

I see it

Hisharu

As far as I know, you can only edit your original post within 24 hours of it first being posted. So if a solution arrives three days later, you can no longer edit the original post. The link for “edit” doesn’t even display. You can go down from “options” to “edit” when just looking at the discussion under “your discussions” but that leads to a page that says “Hey, you don’t have the permission to do that”.

It sure would be nice if you created the thread, to still have access to edit the original post later than 24 hours so you can mark it Solved.

As for the permissions problem, all I could do was yell “sudo” at my monitor unsuccessfully.

jamygolden

@sl1dr it stands for Super User Do or Substitute User Do.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I have a great image of you doing that @Hisharu

s_cristina
    Participant

Guys it doesn’t show up.. and I can’t edit my first post…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.