Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS *{margin:0; padding:0} vs all css reset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jitendra
    Participant

is

Code:
    *{margin:0; padding:0}

really can slow html rendering ? is that true ? if yes then how much

noahgelman
    Participant

Well, I suppose on some level, it does. It has to go through and apply that to each and everyone element on the page. But I wouldn’t worry too much. It doesn’t slow it down at any noticeable speed. And since browsers and web connections are always getting better, it shouldn’t be something to worry about.

Bob

Noahgelman, can you please stop dragging up old threads from like 2 year back no one is interested in anymore? Cause now my thread is half-way down the page :P
    Other than that, whats the use in bringing up 2 year old threads?

noahgelman
    Participant

Sorry. It’s just I was going through some of the earliest posts out of curiosity and I found that some had hundreds of views, and no answers. I opened them up to see what they were like and some of them had some didn’t have too difficult questions. And I know none of the original posters care anymore, but all these posts show up when you search for something. So someone at any time can have one of these issues, do a quick search, and still not find an answer. I figured it would be nice to hear some answers for some old smaller issues as well as improve the overall search/answer power of the site.

It’s also a pretty boring day at work today :D

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Technically, it’s the slowest possible selector there is. The only thing slower?

Code:
    * * { }

=)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.