Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other MAMP Pro qustion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    djrolstad
    Participant

I was watching a video about MAMP Pro and was curious as to if I could make a wordpress site with the same url and just transfer the database and wordpress site to live site. Without making any changes to the web config file and other files that usually need to be changed when transferring a wordpress site?

Senff
    Participant

Whether you have MAMP or MAMP Pro, you’ll have to do the same things when you transfer a WordPress site — copy the files and transfer the database. You usually have to change your config.php file and a setting or two in the database, and using MAMP Pro will not make that process different I think.

TheDoc

Keeping the same URL means that you don’t have to update any internal links that you’ve created (like to images or other pages on the site), but you’ll still need to update your config file to point to the live database.

djrolstad
    Participant

@Senff, thanks, I’m just trying to find an easier way to transfer wordpress sites from local to the internet.

djrolstad
    Participant

@TheDoc, true!

Senff
    Participant

This tool will make things a lot easier: http://deliciousbrains.com/wp-migrate-db-pro/

It keeps your databases synced between local/dev and live site, so transferring/migrating that won’t be really necessary anymore.

djrolstad
    Participant

I guess its worth the investment!

slang
    Participant

Sorry if this is a bit late, but for the record, you can get the same plugin for free here: https://github.com/slang800/wp-migrate-db (if you don’t need extensive support)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.