Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Making plugin responsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    c14r4n
    Participant

HI All,

This is my first ever post on a forum, so I apologize if I am putting this message in the wrong place!

I have created a website and went with the customizr theme as its responsive on all media devices.

However I found a plugin that does exactly what I want (When you hover over an image, the descriptive text is shown below the image), this plugin can be found at https://www.nosegraze.com/image-hover-effect-wordpress/

How do I make this plugin responsive? When I use it on my laptop it works perfectly, but when my page is viewed on a mobile phone the widths of the descriptive text are too wide and there seems to be a larger gap between two of the photos.

My site: http://www.mayspeak.es (Still under construction!)

I am a complete newbie to all this, so please can you answer in simple terms!!

Many thanks,

.ng-image-hover {
    display: inline-block;
    position: relative !important;
    }

.ng-image-hover img {
    cursor: pointer ;
    }

.ng-image-hover:hover .ng-image-hover-text {
    display: block; /* Display the text */
    }

.ng-image-hover-text {
    background: #27CBCD;
    border: 1px solid #d2d2d2;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    display: none; /* Hide the text */
    width: 335px;
    max-height: 100%;
    overflow-y: 0;
    padding: 1em;
    position: below;
    top: 0;
    left: 100%;
    }

/*# sourceMappingURL=ng-image-hover.css.map */

Shikkediel
    Participant

Wow, that’s a long page for a simple effect. I don’t see it anywhere on your site though.

c14r4n
    Participant

It’s on the business section (the second page on the site). I have three images in the center of the page. (Maybe there is a simple plugin I can use instead, but can’t find any). The main reason why I’m using this method is not to have too much text on the page and make sure that whatever I use works across all platforms. Many thanks for any help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.