Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Making clickable CSS "tabs" with a scrollbar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    srose
    Participant

Hi! I hope you guys can help me out! I handle the website for a literary and art magazine my friends publish, but I’m no expert and there’s lots of things I don’t know how to do.

I had an idea for something new I wanted to try for the “contributor list” part of the website. It’s getting too long and I need a way to make it more compact. This is so unbelievably dorky, but I couldn’t think of a great way to describe it so I just drew a picture. http://imgur.com/cYSRs04

So, like in the picture, I’d like a rectangular box with two parts. The left part would scroll and have the list of all the contributors names. The right side would be unscrolling and static. By clicking on one of the names listed on the left, text corresponding to the name would pop up on the right. Does that make any sense? Basically it would be a nice, compact way to display all of our contributors and their personal bios.

I tried doing it by messing around with this code https://css-tricks.com/functional-css-tabs-revisited/ and some other similar to that concept but didn’t have much luck. I felt like I was on the right track, though, and that css was the way to go to make this. Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this idea? Or if I should be looking at a different type of coding to do the job? Any help would be great! Thank you!

Paulie_D

Frankly, it’s possible but it’s something that should really be done with Javascript and a JSON call.

srose
    Participant

hey, thanks so much for responding! I was able to find a jquery item almost immediately that does what I was describing. I never would have thought to check if you hadn’t suggested it. Thanks again!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.