Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Making a form responsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    StigBratvold
    Participant

Hi guys.

I have been customizing the look of the plugin Custom Form 7 to fit in with the design of the site.
    It looks great on a computer screen but on an iPhone the form tables goes out of the view. I have been trying to put in percentages instead of pixels but it doesn’t really work properly. When I put in 90% width is just covers about half the space on the computer screen.

Here is the page I am talking about:
    http://www.spetakkel.org/kontakt/

Does any one know how I can fix this?

uneart

I would try to give the li-tag a overflow: hidden; that should keep it in place.

jurotek
    Participant

@StigBratvold, I have no knowledge of wordpress, but I noticed that your form input box classes have a set width of 509px and do not scale with left content, here’s the first input of class wpcf7-form-control blah blah blah . . . , you might have to set the width to either % or give it max width. Also I noticed that in media query you set content to implicit width instead just let it re-size to viewport width on it’s own if you give content max width which in your case I believe it’s 640px.

TreeRoot
    Participant

Try applying box-sizing (use border-box) to your inputs, then play with the widths (trying 100% instead of 90%):

input, select, textarea {
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    }

StigBratvold
    Participant

@jurotek The actual page itself is a premium wordpress theme I bought so I am not so much familiar on how I can change the media query inputs and stuff.. I have noticed that the theme is having problems with its responsibility but this is to heavy for me to manage to fix by myself as I am still a rookie.

@uneart
    I tried adding that to the li-tag but nothing happened.. It is still the same :(

StigBratvold
    Participant

@jurotek I found some tutorials online on how to do it so I added some html to the Contact Form 7 plugin through the wordpress dashboard and then I added the css to the custom.css in the dashboard..

StigBratvold
    Participant

@uneart I tried it again and it works perfectly visually at first. The problem is when I start typing the text is does not break in to lines(on an iPhone). The text just continues on one line and hiddes the earlier stuff I wrote when it falls out of the screen…

uneart

Oh yes the text will not break into lines with overflow:hidden;. But is that really that bad?

StigBratvold
    Participant

@uneart Yeah I think it would be a problem both visually and practically if the text falls out of the screen.

@TreeRoot
    @jurotek I tried adding the box-shadow and then using % for the width but when I use 100% it only covers half the space. You can see it now: http://www.spetakkel.org/kontakt/

jurotek
    Participant

@StigBratvold, making progress, now try max width instead 100%

StigBratvold
    Participant

I realized the theme I was using had its own contact form that was responsive but thanks for the help everyone :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.