Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Making a Bigcommerce template responsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    msashmash11
    Participant

Hi, everyone

I am currently using a non-responsive template for my website, but am running into problems when trying to add a page border (like this one: http://www.thepinklilyboutique.com/).

The page is not responsive, so if I just use the border-width and border-image functions, the border gets distorted when using a different resolution and/or resizing the browser window.

This is what I’ve done so far (using media queries), but this isn’t working as I’d like either. It looks great at 1600×900, but not anything else.

@media all and (max-width:1600px) and (min-width:1500px)
    {
               body
    {
     border-width: 60px 250px 60px 250px;
    border-image: url(%%ASSET_images/borderimagetest.jpg%%) 60 250 60 250 round round;
    }
    }

My coding knowledge is almost zero, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me figure out a way of making the page/border responsive so that it automatically scales for different resolutions. Ideally, the entire content of the page, along with the border, would scale appropriately at different resolutions.

Thanks!

Paulie_D

I was wondering if anyone here could help me figure out a way of making the page/border responsive so that it automatically scales for different resolutions. Ideally, the entire content of the page, along with the border, would scale appropriately at different resolutions.

This is a very broad request that will probably require a rebuild of the site from the ground up….not something suited to a forum request.

You should really look into hiring someone….or start over with a responsive template.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.