Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Make WP strip span tags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Element

I’ve been looking for a way to solve this for a while, but I haven’t come up with anything useful. Is there a way (preferably a plugin) to make WP strip span tags from the post content? Or at least strip the inline styling from the span tags?

I built a theme for an acquaintance and as I’ve understood it, she writes her posts somewhere else and pastes them into the WP editor. They bring with them a load of span tags with inline font styling, and while she doesn’t seem to mind that the font changes from post to post, it is driving me absolutely crazy. ;)

Have you tried using the Paste from Word button. It usually does a good job of cleaning up text.

Element

No, I haven’t (I never post on the site and never paste anything from Word anyway. :p ), and I don’t know if she has either. The thing is, I don’t think she’s too fussed about it all and she wouldn’t use that button even if it worked. It’s just that for me, as the designer of the theme (which isn’t exactly exceptionally good in the first place) the typographical mess makes my eyes hurt. Heh.

That’s why I wanted to find a way to automatically strip the styling or the tags.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.