Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Make my website mobile friendly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    matthewb

Hi i am trying to make my website mobile friendly. what changes i have to make with head tag ?

can anyone suggest the right way. Remember i don’t have to write @media css only want to resize the page according to screen size.

i have tried this but not working
    > meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width”

Watson90

Hi @matthewb

> can anyone suggest the right way. Remember i don’t have to write @media css only want to resize the page according to screen size.

I can’t really make sense of this, are you saying you don’t want to use @media?

If that’s the case, you could just use percentages instead of fixed-pixels so it adapts to the size of the browser window.

Something like this – http://codepen.io/Watson90/full/KupHs

Using @media will give you so much better control at certain points though!

matthewb

ya don’t want to use @media css

just have a look at “http://themeforest.net” in ur mobile it will resize according to mobile device.

Watson90

It’s not resizing at all on my Google Nexus.

I think you’re getting confused with Theme Forest ‘resizing’ and Theme Forest just fitting on the screen because it’s contained within a wrapping div of some sort.

Upon inspection of Theme Forest’s web page using Firefox and/or Chrome, you’ll they have a div with a class of container and it’s set at 984px, as opposed to the header, navigation bar, footer and sub-footer that is set to be as wide as the browser window itself (100%).

matthewb

@andy_unleash @media is a amazing thing but the requirement is to just scale website according to device just that so i think only to do something with meta tags but unfortunately it is not working.

Watson90

The meta tag line (like the one you posted above) won’t change anything in terms of your physical design, that will have to be done using @media. But what it will do is force the browser on the mobile device to zoom in accordingly.

redhornet
    Participant

If you dont like @media which has no sense, may be you can try with some javascript library. jQuery Masonry is something that you may use, but I am not so sure if that is what you are looking for. To build your site on entirely liquid base is not very good decision.

I believe matthewb is looking for this:

Paulie_D

Actually Drew., he isn’t. :-)

Well if he’s looking for a magic block of code that is going to make his site responsive, he’s SOL.

Paulie_D

Yeah that’s what we’re trying to get across

matthewb

@DrewKerriganNY ya your code works LOL

> @DrewKerriganNY ya your code works LOL

Hah I’m glad that it worked for your @matthewb.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.