Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Make a Dynamic Sidebar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    farzadina
    Participant

It’s my blog. You can see the sidebar in the right.
    I want to make that dynamic. That mean’s when the browser width become smaller that should go to the bottom of the content. How I can do that?

See this picture to understand my purpose.

farzadina
    Participant

I can remove float:right, but how to use media queries? (Please let me know without external links)

TheDoc

(Please let me know without external links)
    lol, c’mon @farzadina! There are tonnes of tutorials out there just waiting for you to read them.

farzadina
    Participant

Oh, Thanks! That’s what I wont! I found a useful link in CSS-Tricks. :)

farzadina
    Participant

After many hours working, now I can say my blog is almost right for all platforms!

But why almost? Because there’s a small problem that I couldn’t make it correct and I’m here to ask you to help me. That’s comments section.

Please open THIS link. Make the browser width smaller. You will see many changes and the content will be correct. But Comments are not.
    I want you to show me the reasons to make that correct. Thanks.

Johann

.commentlist has a a fixed width; maybe keep the value, but change it from width to max-width and see if that helps any?

farzadina
    Participant

Where is that? (In which line)
    Is “.comment list .vacrd, comment list. children…” your purpose?
    If yes, I changed “width:100%” to “max-width:100%”, but that doesn’t helped.
    Any other solutions please.

farzadina
    Participant

Any body help please!

Johann

in

http://baghbagho.com/wp-content/themes/Basic/style-Red.css

.commentlist
    .commentlist li
    .commentlist li div

all have fixed widths! replace those with max-width. maybe there’s more… so you should get chrome or opera, and become friends with “inspect element” (right click any element to see its CSS and why it has it)… and use that to find the things keeping the page from resizing properly, and change the stylesheet accordingly.

farzadina
    Participant

Thanks, I have Firebug plugin for FF. That’s so great.
    I will do that and if the problem doesn’t solved, I will let you know.
    Thanks again Johann!

farzadina
    Participant

I changed that elements, but there is a problem. Please check HERE to understand my problem.

How can I solve it?

farzadina
    Participant

When I changed the “.commentlist li div”, width to max-width, the comments become incorrect. SEE HERE PLEASE.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.