Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End MAGENTO, 1and1 Server, and Server 500 Errors!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Preeminent
    Participant

Hello! I just started messing around with Magento recently and am having an issue getting Server 500 Errors. The frontend of the site is fine. It’s just when I try to login to ADMIN on the backend that I’m getting th errors. I can hit refresh on the browser a few times and then it finally works. Not a huge deal, but can be annoying. I am on 1and1 hosting. I know, many have complaints about them, but honestly I have only had a good experience with them until now. I contacted support and this is what I was told: “Please optimize your scripts. You may also parse the PHP to PHP5 to increase PHP memory usage. ………..When you overload the site with multiple processes your site starts producing errors, specifically 500 errors…..You must adhere to scripting limits that all customers have to………”
    I believe I have already got PHP5 working with editing my .htaccess file, but as far as using too much memory, am I out of luck being on a shared server? Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this matter?

rdonahue

I am still really new to Magento, but I have read that it requires a virtual dedicated or dedicated server due to its speed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.