Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS lost on this css issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I am working in bootstrap and I have noticed that this problem occurs no matter what.

I have a header. In that header, I have 4 inline links. Two are text and two are images. If I float the links to the right so that they will be lined up with the right side of the container, they will switch places. So link one and two take the place of link 3 and four. So instead of going 1,2,3,4 it will go 4,3,2,1 by simply putting a float: right on the links. This doesn’t happen when you use float: left. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

Alen
    Participant

Think of the first element in the list that’s being floated as “front of the train” and the floats left and right as “fork in the tracks”. So you always lead with the first DOM element, left or right.

Alen
    Participant

MS Paint to the rescue:

If you’re trying to float to the right and keep the list in order.
    http://codepen.io/anon/pen/Ckfyq

Senff
    Participant

What you might be looking for, is to put the four links in a DIV. Then put a float:left; on the links within the DIV (so that they will stay in 1,2,3,4 order) and then a float:right; on the DIV (so that the whole thing will be placed on the right).

Mavericks
    Participant

Very nice @Alen

ambrosechua
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.