Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Looping scroller?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mikes02
    Participant

Working on a site right now where I’d like to have a full width scroller regardless of resolution but I just want it to continuously scroll through images without any hesitation with back/forward controls visible on hover, does anything exist that would work for this?

I looked at some of carousel plugins but they are setup to show 3 images or so at a time which makes the transitions kind of choppy, I just want it to smoothly and continuously scroll.

cybershot
    Participant

there are so many options for this it is crazy. I think what you are looking for is a slider. Just google slider and pick and choose which one you want

mikes02
    Participant

The problem with sliders though is that there is hesitation between transitions, what I am looking for is a seamless scroll with controls only visible on hover….

Josh

Do you mean something like this?
    http://tatmanphotography.com/portfolio.php

mikes02
    Participant

The bottom portion of that website is essentially what I want to accomplish but auto scrolling from the start and then back/forward controls available on hover. I am really surprised there isn’t really anything out there for this, I have searched Google endlessly with very little results, the marquee style stuff I have found doesn’t loop the way I want it to either.

mikes02
    Participant

I’m not looking for full screen, I am looking for full width, similar to what Josh posted just on an automatic loop.

ricardo

Hi mike02 you might be able to do something with this…. I got this it has slider function and the developer is awesome real helpful guy has replied to all my emails I think his plugin will do what you need you can set whatever transitions you like to loop and to delay at whatever speed you like http://richardbrannan.com/flexsqueeze just look down at the premium members link and you’ll see feature slider hope it helps holler back if not :)

mikes02
    Participant

I don’t see anything on that page that would work…

Damion

If your looking for a full screen gallery like the one Josh posted, I would look at Codrops. They have loads of full screen gallerys.

http://tympanus.net/codrops/

mikes02
    Participant

Im not looking for a gallery, I am looking for a looping scroll, similar to a marquee effect. When the page is loaded the images are just slowly sliding in a row across the screen like a marquee would and then there would be controls to go back and forth if desired.

mikes02
    Participant

still looking for a solution, any ideas?

ploinkr
    Participant

This is exactly what I’m looking for as well. Closest I found so far is Smooth Div Scroll, but again, looping is not available on “manual” scroll (back/forth hover).
    Any new suggestion? Thanks.

sliced

Just use any jQuery slider and set the scroll time to something fairly long (3000ms) and the ‘displayed’ time to something fairly short (200ms). Might work?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.