Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking to stabilize a WordPress multisite installation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leadbellydesign
    Participant

and incorporate Git. I’ve recently been tasked with stabilizing a WordPress multisite on Amazon AWS that uses SVN for version control. It seems there were some issues with how the site was initially set-up for my company and I’d like to correct these errors–and I should say this is all a bit beyond my head, I’m a front-end dev, not a system admin (I’m working with him though to get these changes made).

We’re a medium-sized business that has several websites currently running on multi-site and are waiting until this instability is cleared up to move our main brand over from Sitefinity to WP.

I’ve outlined the steps I want to take to shore up WordPress and convert SVN to Git but what I’m a bit shaky on is Amazon EC2 (I don’t have access to the control panel to poke around unfortunately). I believe we are currently using Amazon Linux, which keeps me from cloning the exact environment for a local VM for development purposes–which I’d like to do.

Are there suggested server set-ups beyond the normal LAMP/LEMP stacks for a moderately visited site that runs tons of marketing and needs to be as rock solid as possible so those marketing buys aren’t being wasted? Any tips on speeding up Amazon too would be appreciated… sometimes our sites can be quite slow to load.

TL:DR; I’m looking for Amazon EC2 server set-up suggestions for WordPress.

TIA!

hnrindani
    Participant

I have a doubt about why to migrate a website developed with Sitefinity CMS to WordPress enterprise web content management services. I mean, Sitefinity is highly capable of handling multiple sites with unlimited users. Agree that WordPress has quite a lot built-in tools and is user friendly, however Sitefinity can give a great stable platform for websites.
    Multisite management can be as tough as it can be or as simple as managing a single website. Follow this link to more about multisite management WCMS http://bit.ly/1T58YJ8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.