Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS looking into the CSS coding of only one page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    uajkhan

I am currently working on the website of my company and I am going through a bit of a problem. I have to look into the CSS style of only one page I am currently working on and when I see the CSS coding, all the coding of all the website is in one. If there is anyone who can assist me through this please?

uajkhan

the css coding is on the css style sheet. I found a toolbar for firefox which actually shows uall the unnecessary css of other pages and u can filter that.
    http://www.sitepoint.com/dustmeselectors/

clokey2k
    Participant

I think the ‘dustmeselectors’ plugin is going to be the closest you will get.

You are basically looking for a way to grab only the CSS for the single page you are looking at leaving out unused selectors.

I suggest that if you are going to be changing things, alter/find it first in firebug/chrome inspector, then find the related entry in the CSS. All editors should have a ‘find’ and most inspection tools tell you a line number and filename.

uajkhan

@adman: Please read it carefully to know the question and the description if u still are unable to get to what I asked.

@Clokey2k
    : Thanks a lot for the help. I was able to change the style before I read ur reply. It took a lot longer than what it should have but cheers to the help :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.