Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other looking for some simple in-place editing solutions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sethgoochdesigns
    Participant

Ok so I’m working on a site for a friend. Its basically about all his recreational sport teams that he starts. For example, co-ed soccer teams, and softball teams. Anyways, the site is mostly informational displaying the season schedule, roster, photos, standings, etc. For the standings, i’m looking for an in-place editing solution where my friend can easily edit wins and loses/final scores in a table by himself. I know there is a recent post here on CSS-TRICKS about in-place editing, but I would prefer it to be editable through entering a username and password. I know the standings aren’t too much of importance where it needs to be editable with a password, but I feel it would be better so no one can randomly change them. Most of you are probably familiar of the "Band Website Template" that Chris Coyier launch awhile back…on the Shows page there is an option to login and edit the shows. That is exactly something I’m looking for. Something easy though. I only know xhtml/css/javascript. I’m not familiar with databases and password logins, but if there is a great tutorial that could help with this then I’m more than happy to learn. Just looking for some suggestions. It would be greatly appreciated.

-Seth-

I have used and recommend CushyCMS, http://www.cushycms.com they have a video on their homepage about who they are and what they do. I think it’ll be exactly what you’re looking for.

sethgoochdesigns
    Participant

Thank you very much! I’ve heard about CushyCMS all over, but never really looked into it. I checked out their video on the website and could not believe how simple it is. I’m definitely gonna try it out….but in the meantime, If anyone has more suggestions that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.