Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking for some feedback on my newest site.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    instantMash

It looks better to me in Webkit when font smoothing is on.

Screenshot with font smoothing on:
    [font-smoothing-on.png](https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19217624/css-tricks-forum/font-smoothing-on.png “”)

Screenshot with smoothing off:
    [font-smoothing-off.png](https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19217624/css-tricks-forum/font-smoothing-off.png “”)

I am using Mac OS 10.6 and an iPad 2. I have not heard about that fix before. Maybe it’s applicable to some other combination of Webkit and hardware.

Caleb

I haven’t noticed the blue look you are taking about. What type of screen are you using?

From your screen shots the smoothing looks a lot better. When I look at the site on my iphone in chrome it doesn’t look as jaged as your screen shot.

Caleb

@eric That’s weird it’s just verdana. What is it that makes it feel busy?

Caleb

Maybe it’s th font smoothing . I will pull that line of code out when I get a chance.

jurotek
    Participant

@Caleb, I agree with @Eric, it’s too busy and cramped. Not enough white space. I would suggest increasing line height, articles padding and vertical margins.

Caleb

@jurotek and @Eric Thanks! I have made some changes to the margins and line height. I think it looks a lot better.

I am working with the text rendering issues in webkit. Am I wrong in saying that webkit has no idea how to render text? It’s really bad in Safari. I have not just noticed text issues on this project, even the text on this site (css-tricks) looks bad in Safari. I think the font rendering thing has been the main reason I have stuck with FF for my main browser. I just cant stand to look at it in webkit.

Caleb

I am using width: 100%; height: auto; on img tags so they will resize. This looks good in all browsers except Safari. Resized images in Safari look blurry. Any ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.