Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking for an advise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jev
    Participant

Hey guys,

i have project where i have a bunch of external sites for which i have to develop a piece of code. So once developed I will send it to webmasters and they will be able to put this code to their sites and in theory it should be working right of the box without any intervention from their side. Sounds straight forward, but issue is that i don’t know on which sites this code will go. Thus i cannot check how the pages are coded, what JS libraries are used etc. So i need some versatile solution for this one.

The code will contain a link with a mouse over effect. Once you hover over the link tooltip with an image will appear.

I thought i will throw this to forums and ask if you had an experience with similar tasks. Any recommendations, any caveats i should be aware of?

Andy Howells
    Participant

Your best bet is probably to use vanilla JavaScript then, rather than relying on JQuery or any external libraries.

If you create a script that has other dependencies then you’re opening up a can of worms and making it difficult to implement. Using a core language that is universal will be your best bet, so perhaps a combination of HTML/JS or just straight JS will be the solution.

jev
    Participant

Thanks for advise, Andy. Will use vanilla JS and test it on couple of my projects to be sure it is behaving correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.