Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking for Advice with a Solution…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JoshWhite

Hi everyone, really looking for some advice on how best to accomplish this…

Here’s the scenario: we’ve got 10 markets that each have their own coupons. They want the user to get to the coupons in as few clicks as possible. My thought was to build a “coupons” page and then have the list of markets on the right. When the user clicks on a market, it displays an image of the coupons that would link to a PDF so they could print them.

The other caveat is ideally the client wants to be able to at least update the coupons.

I’m just not 100% sure how to go about it…

My initial thought was to use jquery almost like a content slider (sort of like anything slider) that would load all the content and the navigation would just fade to the right image. Another idea was to control each coupon page from a specific post so that they could go in later and update them and serve up the post manually in a custom post type. I’m again just not 100% sure how to execute it. Maybe create a series of div’s that are hidden that contain all the loops on one custom page and each link brings in the content for that coupon page?

I could be overlooking a super simple solution but it just seems complex to me right now :)

Thanks in advance for any advice someone can offer!

JoshWhite

What I ended up doing here was the 2nd solution. We loaded the coupon pages into individual loops on one page and the button just faded in the content for that specific market. I’d be curious if anyone had a more efficient way to do it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.