Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other looking for a nice html5 resume component that scrolls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    drotar
    Participant

any suggestions for a scrollable resume component that works on desktop, laptop and the iPad. been searching around with no luck. your input is greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

nixnerd
    Participant

What do you mean by ‘scrollable html5 resume component?’ Are you talking about parallax scroll effects?

drotar
    Participant

thanks for the heads up, j. the parallax would be perfect.

d

nixnerd
    Participant

That’s going to require more than just HTML. I’ve worked EXTENSIVELY with parallax effects and it will require HTML, obviously CSS and mostly, jQuery. There is an excellent plugin called Super Scrollorama. You can find it on Github or click the link I just gave you.

drotar
    Participant

thanks j, you’re a saint. will this work on the iPad? if not, any suggestions?

d

nixnerd
    Participant

Ummmmm… iPad probably not. Parallax and scroll effects in general are harder to make work on mobile devices. There IS an effort to make Super Scrollorama work on mobile devices. However… it’s not full-featured like the desktop version.

Go read this tutorial:

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/a-simple-parallax-scrolling-technique–net-27641

If you combine that learning with a plugin called waypoints.js… you should be able to hack something together that should work… at least in theory. Part of the problem is a lot of scroll effects are based on pixel position. You CAN get around this by having various elements set to percentages trigger the event… but it’s a lot of work and DEFINITELY violates the KISS principle.

*Note: My personal opinion is that scroll effects are not always the best way to create wow factor. That’s just me though.

nixnerd
    Participant

@shaneisme That looks ****** legit!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.