Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking for a lightweight content management system

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RioBrewster
    Participant

I don’t want drupal or wordpress. Our process is too fluid for drupal. WordPress is not powerful enough.

Here’s what I don’t need:

I don’t want to make it easy for non-coders to create and update web pages. I don’t want to enforce work flow. I don’t need to create 20 templates that will slice and dice every chunk of content in multiple ways. I don’t need a shopping cart.

All I want to do is manage meta-data and relationships between the different pages. So if I delete or move a page, I know where all the broken links will be. If I want to create a new tag and add it to a page, it will show me all the pages that have similar tags. If I want to know how many pages haven’t been updated in more than a year, I can run a report and get a list.

In other words, content management.

Any ideas out there?

RioBrewster
    Participant

Thanks Chris.

We had a web pub in WordPress about 3 years ago and it was hacked. So unless it has gotten much tighter in the past three years, it’s a non-starter.

That and we will have at least 250,000 pages. (We have almost 500K pages now. We’re streamlining.) It’s a pretty complex site. That’s why we need something to manage the relationships between the pages and not necessarily the pages themselves.

David
    Participant

Kirby is pretty good and easy to configure, which is a plus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.