Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Long redesign done (first real jquery enhanced site) Check it out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rcobb3

Finally done! I just finished a long redesign (making a custom jquery slider with some help from this site! thx!) It is a simple business website with < 10 pages (4 main pages plus some error pages and php form you don't see right away). The jquery was the hard part and I know about the bug where if you have javascript on and visit the site from an anchor link on the main page the slider will not display correctly after changing slides. I can’t figure out how to fix it — help? Otherwise it’s all finished and I’m very happy with the result. Check it out! -> http://www.cobbcomp.com/

rcobb3

feedback anyone?

TT_Mark

You appear to have a severe case of div-itis which bugs me a bit. I’m really not a fan of the div inside div inside div coding style. You have some unnecessary divs like the navwrap (why not style the ul?) and the toplogowrap.

I’m also not a fan of people hiding page headings, but other than that it looks good!

rcobb3

Thanks for the feedback of the redesign. I agree there is probably some div pruning to be done. As for the navwrap div, is there a way to do it so that the ul is centered in the page but the entire width has a background image without the navwrap div? That’s why I put that div there for the background image to be 100% width of the page but still have the UL centered. I might change the logo to be a straight up IMG element…

davidlab.be
    Participant

The whole site seems jerky and slow to respond. Pages views are delayed and the sliding effect is really jerky. I however only tested it on chrome. After looking at some of the code…it seems like some of your background images are really large…the header3.png is really large. Image files that large may be ok in some places , but you are including them in sliders and such….which will cause some delay and jerk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.