Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Logo critique / feedback please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@kgscott284 Oh, no It’s really not about trying to brand someone else. It’s more about educating others on legibility and typography. I gave critiques on the initial idea and it was Jan who decided to take an entirely different approach. Perhaps he was experimenting and got carried away? And that’s totally fine. That’s how we learn.

I also don’t find anything wrong with asking others for their opinion, even if it has to do with personal branding. In fact, there is nothing wrong with it. There’s more of a benefit than any negative. People do it all the time – ever heard of Dribbble?

Maybe Jan should have went somewhere else to receive feedback that is more surrounded by designers, not developers.

chrisburton
    Participant

You missed a “b”.

Also, sometimes what I say comes off as rude but I’m totally being sincere when I say it!

chrisburton
    Participant

All right, cool. Peace, I’m out.

janmense
    Participant

all right, thanks to all for your feedback.

back to the roots then.. here’s the first one again, i think this shape fits better to the “script”:

Click me and this one:
    Click me

what do you think?

chrisburton
    Participant

Haha, no way. I just wanted you to be aware, man.

@janmense
    I still stand behind my initial feedback…but if you’re happy, I guess that’s all that matters.

@janmense I think that the second version is the better of the two. I also think that it works perfectly with your name. The first thing I see is an ‘M’ with a dot, then after reading your name, I realize that the dot is a ‘J’. Not once have I looked at that and thought it looked liked a ‘J’ and an ‘N’, possibly due to the fact that the ‘J’ doesn’t descend below the baseline.

I’m still think that the typeface choice could be tweaked a little, and I’m also unsure as to why you have ‘WEB-‘ instead of ‘WEB’?

smutek

@ChristopherBurton – thanks, I’m aware of what a script is. I’m in the (long) process of teaching myself web but I’ve been working professionally in print design and production for ten years. God help me if I don’t know what a script is by now.

The mark had been referred to as a scribble prior to my comment so I referred to it the same, partly for consistency and partly just because.

Sorry if this ribbed you.

chrisburton
    Participant

@smutek It really pissed me off.

Kidding aside. It helps those reading this discussion as well.

janmense
    Participant

@joshuanhibbert do you have a tip for the typeface?

I’m using “WEB-” because its the correct grammar in germany!

I’ll have a play around with some fonts tonight. What sort of feel do you want the typeface to have?

janmense
    Participant

I’ve an open mind.. but usually I’m a fan of simple and clean typefaces, but the font needs a recognizable character…

what about this one?

That’s an interesting typeface. It works well with the boxed version of the logo (although I would personally lose the shadow).

Um, I guess you overdid it?

janmense
    Participant

@Abhishek_Warokar thats your feedback? give me some more!

janmense
    Participant

hey there,

got another “idea”, do you see the “j” and “m” ?

Watch this!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.