Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Logo critique / feedback please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@janmense Sure. First, can you try removing the transparent checkered pattern but leave the texture? Also, remove the texture from the background and just have it on the diamond? I think these changes will make it look better. Or you can send me the file. Whichever.

From there I can try a few on my end.

janmense
    Participant

cool, thanks!

first

second

chrisburton
    Participant

@janmense what about this type of texture? http://i43.tinypic.com/34euqn8.png

janmense
    Participant

thats nice, thanks!

and what about the typeface ;) ?

chrisburton
    Participant

What were you using for “jm”?

Edit: Nevermind, I have an idea for you. Check back later.

chrisburton
    Participant

@janmense I kind of like this approach http://chrisburton.me/J13WLj

janmense
    Participant

@Schmotty yes i agree with that, this typeface doesnt work!

@ChristopherBurton thats nice, whats the name of this font? but i want to use a combination of my initials in my logo…

janmense
    Participant

got another idea:

Click

Click

chrisburton
    Participant

@janmense

The typefaces are Koziupack by Sudtipos and Gotham by Hoefler & Frere-Jones.

The fonts would cost about $250 combined to purchase.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Sorry to jump in so late, and good work on all of the iterations, but I still feel that the very first version is the best. It has so much more personality and character than any of the later versions. Why did you decide to go in a completely different direction?

chrisburton
    Participant

From the feedback. Essentially in his first approach, it was easier to distinguish the script as “jn”. Also the typeface below certainly isn’t complimenting it as stated above.

Perhaps it could help with weight variations but still…

@ChirstopherBurton I agree, but considering that @janmense’s name will always be shown next to it, it’s not that big of a deal. I guess it depends on what @janmense’s main focus is, to have a recognisable mark, or to clearly display his/her initials. Also, playing with the way the ligature currently connects could improve how recognisable the letters are. And yes, the typeface certainly needs to be changed.

chrisburton
    Participant

Haha, it is when it clearly looks like an “n” and his last initial is obviously an “m”. Makes the monogram confusing.

Also, playing with the way the ligature currently connects could improve how recognisable the letters are.” – Yes, pretty much what I said here with more additions.

smutek

The first mark (scribble) was hands down the best of the bunch, in my humble opinion.

chrisburton
    Participant

@schmotty @smutek Just wanted you two to be aware that the correct term is “script” not “scribble”. Hopefully this will benefit you in the future if you ever need help.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.