Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Logo critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    danielhughes

I really like to watch this logo change over its several edits. I also like that it could work in black and white which is one rule I like to ask myself.

uneart

@ChadL Thanks for that inspiration. I’m still not quite happy with and like new ideas and helpful tips.

@rctonnie
    and @marshallford Readability is the biggest problem I see. Cause like you said the name isn’t common which makes it really hard. I’m even considering a name change since my little business is still very young. But if I stick with the current it definitly has to be more legible.

@danielhughes
    I try to achieve that it works in balck/white as well as in reversed colors.

Woodworking

I had trouble reading it and then when I went back and looked at your post and saw what it is supposed to be I could see it clearly. But I still have a problem with it because there is no clear pronunciation of the “name” or “non-word”

chrisburton
    Participant

@uneart Hmm. Question: Are you trying to create a 1 person company?

uneart

@chrisburton That’s what it is so far, yes

chrisburton
    Participant

@uneart Why not use your name?

uneart

@chrisburton That’s a little hard to explain. My lastname is quite similar to a word with a delicate meaning in german. It’s not exactly that word but close. So it’s not one you gotta be ashamed of but still not usable as a business name. As I said, hard to explain ;)

I came up with this artificial name a while back. Should be a mixture of the french word “une” for one (person), “unity” as I’m doing code & design and “art” which is sopposed to stand a bit for the design part but obviously art isn’t quite the same as design. Well at least that’s about how I came up with that word “uneart”.

But yes, I kinda see that this “non-word” as a business name dowsn’t seem to work well as people can’t read or pronounce it correctly. I did hours of mindmapping and stuff like that so far but I can’t come up with a good name that is neither taken already nor has free domains for it.

uneart

@BenWalker

> I’m not sure either of those matter necessarily, but obviously you want a name that is memorable and easy to communicate with others (it has to be spelled how it sounds).

It seems that many people split the syllables “un” and “eart” instead of “une” and “art. I’m more and more convinced that I should come up with a better name thats pronouncable and easier to understand.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.