Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Login with Twitter (Kirby)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    __
    Participant

>>… display status (show,hide,starred,buried,etc.)

> Not quite sure what I would do with this. Perhaps be able to delete comments?

yeah, or for moderation (hide without deleting), or for featuring/downvoting comments.

>>If you wanted to “version” comments …

> Not sure I’m understanding why I would need a separate field just for edits?

Not exactly what I meant: just a “version number.”

For example, user *X* leaves a comment, then later edits it. The “edited” comment would actually be an entirely new record in the DB, with the same id (I was thinking a good Primary Key would be userID+publishTime), but a different version number. That way, you’d preserve the original comment in case you ever needed it, and it would still be easy to retrieve only the latest version:

`SELECT `*fields*

` FROM comment`

` WHERE userID=`*userID*

` AND publishTime=`*timestamp*

` ORDER BY version DESC`

` GROUP BY publishTime`

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq Thanks for the explanation and your help. I’ll have to do a bit of research on how to write this all up and retrieve content from the DB.

TheDoc

Can’t wait for you to get this all set up. Clearly the blog post of your life ;)

chrisburton
    Participant

@TheDoc Haha. Thanks, Gray. It’s definitely going to be my first post for sure.

__
    Participant

@chrisburton

> I solved the Opauth issue myself. I only had to add my consumer key and secret into the config file and not into any other files like I was doing.

What exactly did you do differently? I still can’t get it to authorize.

chrisburton
    Participant

Hey @traq. I’m on my iPhone writing this as I’m not home at the moment.

Basically I was taking my consumer and access keys/secrets, inputting them into the twitteroauth.php file in the Vendor folder. I might have placed into another file as well which was causing it to fail. The only thing you need to do to get it working is to place your Consumer key and secret into opauth-config (or whatever the filename is) inside the Example folder. It should then validate.

__
    Participant

hmm… that’s where I have them (in `./example/opauth.conf.php`, in `$config`).

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq Do you have Gmail or perhaps we can discuss this further through chat?

__
    Participant

actually, nevermind. I was using the TwitterStrategy.php file you’d sent me, which had your key and secret. Once I deleted that it worked fine.

I’m testing my **twitter_user** class now with the live API. I’ll post with the results in your other thread.

…thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq Awesome, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.