Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End login issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marcdefiant
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m building this site, and I’m having problems with the sessions.
    I make sure to declare session_Start(); before anything else, but it’s not helping.
    When I login, when the page refreshes, I wrote out a foreach script to tell me which $_session variables are set and to what value… but any page refresh or after any navigation through the site, I’m not logged in anywhere. I made sure that there was nothing that would destroy the session or unset the variables and I’m not sure what else to do.

I dont have problems on my localhost with the same exact script.

Tcooper

Hi marc, it could be a couple of different things. Firstly make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser, I’m assuming you do, but it’s worth checking.

Now check phpinfo() on your host, find the session settings and look for anything odd. Most likely your session.save_path either doesn’t exist or your script doesn’t have the correct permissions to write there.

Depending on your host it is probably something they will need to set, so if that is the problem get in touch with them and ask. If they won’t let you use sessions then yes, you probably need a new web host.

Tcooper

Did you check you have write permissions to that dir?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.