Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Logging into WordPress Dashboard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary Pickles
    Participant

Hi All, I’ve upload a website from a local server to the web (www.ameliajaye.com)
    it works OK you can navigate the pages (the images are missing but i know how to fix that).
    My main problem is i can’t log into the dashboard, (it worked fine on the local sever) i enter username and password press enter and it returns me to the home page no errors, just can’t get to the dashboard.
    Done the google thing, found some good info but nothing helps.
    Has anybody got any ideas

Alen
    Participant

Do you have something like phpMyAdmin installed? or something that allows you to manage MySQL database. What you need to do is change the paths in your database, as they’re probably still reflecting your local environment.

Hope that helps

Gary Pickles
    Participant

Hi Alen, I’ve done that, followed this tutorial on how to move wordpress

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-move-wordpress-from-local-server-to-live-site/

Best i can figure out is that i no longer have administrator rights with that user login.
    Have found instructions on how to add another user with administrator privileges using MySQL Admin, will try that tonight to see if i can get into the dashboard.

Gary Pickles
    Participant

Fixed it, my user had lost administrator privileges.

added this bit of code to functions.php where otto was changed to my user name.

$user = new WP_User('','otto');
    $user->set_role('administrator');

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.