Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Loading Posts into custom page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

Hi, i have created a page and i want to load all the post with in a specific catagory, anyone know how?
    Many Thanks
    Chris

apostrophe
    Participant

:?: Can you be a bit more specific. Are you talking about WordPress?

AlCapone
    Participant

Yeah, sorry, i am using the newest version of wordpress. Basicaly i want to create the page that shows all the posts from one catagory, i am aware that you can type in ‘mysite.com/catagory/hobbies’, but as far as i am aware, that url uses the ‘archive.php’ file. Which is also used for the archives (obviosly), the problem with this is that i want the archives and this new page to be styled differantly. So i created a new page and gave it a template, and now im trying to work out how to loads the posts into the new page.

Wooo….. sorry and thanks!

apostrophe
    Participant

Just checking before I gave you my 2 cents worth. :D

It’s best to keep posts and pages separate. You are on the right lines creating a link to that specific category, if you want it to display differently from all the other categories then you can make a custom category template.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Category_Templates

Hope that helps.

AlCapone
    Participant

Great, that realy helped. One other thing though.I’m pritty sure it was either a article of tutorial on this site, but it was about using a php code to chane the ‘body’ id on the page so that current tabscan be selected. This is the code i have.

Code:
    $page = $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’];
    $page = str_replace(“/” , “”, $page);
    $page = str_replace(“.php” , “”, $page);
    $page = str_replace(“?s=” , “”, $page);
    $page = $page ? $page : ‘default’

Can someone please explain it to me because i have know idea how to edit it to work with my pages, my url is mysite.com/categories/videos.
    Many Thanks
    Chris

AlCapone
    Participant

Also, is there a way to filter the results in ‘the loop’ so it only shows results from a certain category.

Many THanks
    Chris

apostrophe
    Participant

There’s a nice little tutorial on changing the body id here http://elliotjaystocks.com/blog/2008/wordpress-tutorialhow-to-apply-a-dynamic-body-class-or-id/

Not sure what you are asking with your second question. Where are you trying to show your results from a certain category?

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks, ill look into thatlink, as for the other question, dont worry, i have solved it with a if in category function.

Roughnite

im pretty sure simplepie plugin should do what you want, it lets you post everything from a specific category into a static page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.