Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] NEED SOME HELP! Is this possibe without flash??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    voodazz
    Participant

Need a little help Here: I have a client who wants to implement a unique menu system I haven’t seen outside of flash and I was wondering if it was possible to do sans-flash?

Here is the layout of the menu. The swoosh thing goes full screen

photo home-3_zpse75120ef.png” title=”LINK 1 “>LINK 1

Here is what it looks like with a rollover activated.
     photo home-rollover-a_zpsa5056fa6.png” title=”LINK 2″>LINK 2

This is the page they want their page to emulate (which uses flash)

EXAMPLE SITE

So I was wondering what would be the best way to doing this without flash, if it is possible.
    Any and all ideas, tips, suggestions and answers would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Andy Howells
    Participant

It would be possible using CSS3 transitions and transforms, plus you’d probably need a bit of JQuery in there too.

What have you tried so far?

voodazz
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response! So far the only thing I have done is stare blankly at the comp! Could you elaborate your suggestion as I listen intently?

Paulie_D

Could it be done without Flash?.. .Most of it…probably.

…but Andy Howells has it right…a lot of CSS and Javascript/Jquery.

Hmm…I may have a play to see if I can replicate the individual menu ‘opening’ thing….just for practice.

Could be fun.

voodazz
    Participant

By all means have all the fun you want! I appreciate you taking an interest in this dill of a pickle!

(just let me know what you come up with)

Paulie_D

A 5 minute rush job. : http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/1b66b3a5e7762994ca5de5c2347459ca

It would take me a few hours to figure out everything to completely replicate the effects.

By all means fork it and extend if you want.

That’s why you pay front end guy$. You have the vision but you pay them to work it out.

Since this isn’t a “we’ll code it for you” site, I’ll mark this one as solved.

voodazz
    Participant

Thanks for the time and input! This is definitely a step in the right direction. Also, I never wanted anyone to do it for me, but give me some pointers on how to get started.

I have been looking into canvas for the curved line effect, but since javascript isn’t a strength of mine, I would love if there was a pure (mostly pure) CSS3 way of doing things.

Once again thanks for your time looking into this thing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.