Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Little Apps That Help Me Through the Day

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheDoc

We all have them – those little apps that we’ve become so used to having at your disposal, that you only really realize how much you utilize them until they are gone. Here’s a list of some of the apps that I use on a daily or weekly basis:

Dropbox

This one is relatively new to me, but undoubtedly won’t be new to all of you. I’m constantly going between at least two computers, and having Dropbox sync the files that I use most (mostly client files) is such a huge help. I’m sick of sending myself emails with attachments! And you get 2GB of storage for free!

Tinygrab

While some people might consider me lazy for using the service, in terms of getting screen shots up quickly for colleagues to see, nothing beats the speed of Tinygrab (at least for me, personally). Take a screenshot with your regular OS shortcut and Tinygrab immediately uploads the image to their server and provides you with a short url (or you can set it up to ftp to your own server).

Freshbooks

We all have very different methods – but I’ve made slight mods that me using the free version of Freshbooks work for me. I love their iPhone app (excellent for properly tracking meetings) and their customer service is amazing.

Gmail

Okay, it’s not really an "app" – but it might as well be. Gmail has completely changed the way I think about email. I used to be an "OS Client" kind of guy (ie, I have Outlook at the office and OS X’s Mail at home), but Gmail has converted me completed. The threading, labelling, filters, etc, are all amazing. And while other email clients also present the same (or similar) features, nothing compares to the ease that Gmail provides them.

Anyways, that was just a list off the top of my head, what apps are you using that you find indispensable?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I have to agree Dropbox is awesome.

Gmail is the most amazing thing to happen to the web!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.