Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] List Styling – each li to get a different colour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joshlindsay
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having to style a slightly different than I’m used to list for a project this weekend and have no idea where to start.

I have an image for each of the 26x26px colours but I need to get the text lining up as per the sample.

Here is an example of the list: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn0HyZTCYAAmSSY.png

Any ideas on where I can get started?
    Should it even be an unordered list?

Thanks for your time.

Paulie_D

Arguably yo could use a table here….but it depends on your particular requirements.

You may have to use display:table-cell on the list anyway to get the alignment you are looking for so I’d say it’s 50/50.

I’ll have a think but perhaps you could try it both ways and see which you prefer.

ckubs
    Participant

Pardon me for being a little offtopic but why do you need those colored squares as images? For a web project they’ll look cooler made in css only.

For your problem as far as my knowledge goes( I’m no expert at all) the Paulie_D solution is the one to go with, table cells. I also found this but it’s about aligning li’s horizontally not vertically. Maybe you can make something of it too.

joshlindsay
    Participant

Thank you wolf! That is amazing.
    Where’s the buy you a beer button :-)

joshlindsay
    Participant

I was thinking of images for backwards compatibility however the pen above seems to have it nailed.

Thanks for the replies guys!

joshlindsay
    Participant

Just a quick update. I got the project up but the boxes weren’t working in IE8.
    Here is a pen with the updated code which is working in IE8.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.