Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS LINKS or hover states not working in all browsers BUT IE.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Preeminent
    Participant

Yes, you read that correct! I cannot, for the life of me, figure this out! I’m working on a page, right here , that I just can’t get the links or the hover states for them, to work. I’ve tried in Firefox, Chrome, Safar, and IE7/8. They do exactly what they should in IE, but nothing happens in the good browsers. The links aren’t even links in the other browsers. I’ve stared at my code for an hour now. Can anyone help me with this before I lose my mind!?
    Here is the code I’m working with:

Preeminent Productions Store

nav{
    margin:auto;
    }

nav ul{
    margin:60px 0 0 170px;
    }

nav li{
    font-family:FranchiseRegular,Georgia,Sans-serif;
    font-size:60px;
    color:#FFF;
    text-align: left;
    float: left;
    padding-right:32px;
    text-shadow:2px 3px 3px #000;
    }

nav li a{
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#FFF;
    }

nav li a:hover{
    text-shadow:0px 4px 0px #000;
    cursor: pointer;

}

DogsGhost

using just the code and ccs you gave here the hover affect works fine, must be something else on the page. When I tried to target one of the links on the page you linked with firebug it would only let me select div#slider so that might be interfering somehow.

TT_Mark

As DogsGhost says, your #slider div is interfering with the nav because it’s positioned on top of it. As you have floated the list items you need to clear the slider properly by using an overflow:hidden on the nav ul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.