Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS link styling troubles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

[www.innerworldpress.com](http://www.innerworldpress.com “www.innerworldpress.com”)

Why are my navbar links, Team email addresses (see website), youtube link, and footer nav links upsizing/changing fonts on hover? I went back and made sure my link styles were in the proper order (Love Hate). I just can’t figure it out! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David_Leitch
    Participant

The problem is that later on in your style sheet, you’ve redefined a:hover, when you meant to redefine one particular instance of it (on line 840):

#secondary_nav a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active{
    color: #093;
    font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
    }

should be

#secondary_nav a:link, #secondary_nav a:visited, #secondary_nav a:hover, #secondary_nav a:active{
    color: #093;
    font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
    }

You’ve done it a couple of times, but the other times, it’s just been to change the colour, whereas here it’s changed the font and made it strangely bigger. Changing it to the above fixes it.

I’m not sure whether there’s any way to select multiple child elements without writing out the parent element every time, but would love to be enlightened if there is.

Thanks, David!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.