Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Line height not working.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am trying to add line-height to my blog post from firebug but the changes are not shown.

Can anyone from the community try with their firebug that why line-height is not working for class ‘headlineleft’ i.e. the post title. The sample page is http://www.gtricks.com/google-tricks/google-fail-dead-products/

TheDoc

It’s picking up the line-height from #content. You’ll need to be a little more specific. You already have a #content h1 {}, if you add the line-height to that it will work.

Aha, thanks Doc… it worked like a charm.

I wish there was some kind of thanks button in vanilla forum so that i can show my gratitude.

ronaldpoi

Related: I have noticed a very annoying case in which the line-height doesn’t work no matter what. It probably has a reason, but instead of searching the “why” I found the “how” to make it work quickly.

item {
    display: block;
    line-height: 1; }

(The “1” can be whatever you want, of course)

Senff
    Participant
    nmp
    Participant

About 6 years and a half and Doc’s single line (“It’s picking up the line-height from #content. “) made my day! After an extremely frustating day of searching, trying, tweaking…. this line solved my problem with my bi-lingual site. I had set the size and height for my indic font and the same thing was being applied to the roman font ignoring all further inputs.
    Thanks a lot!
    nmp

TheDoc

I thought to myself today: “I haven’t been on the CSS-Tricks forum in a while, let’s see if I can answer any questions. Oh! This looks like a topic I can answer. Wait a second…”

Amazing. Happy that my six-years-ago self is still helping people!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.