Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Lightbox 2 Help…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    justbobf

Hello,

I know nothing about JavaScript. But, I need help with the Lightbox 2, which uses JavaScript.

Here is the page in question:
    http://ifaulkner.com/testCSS/pages/retouching/LaMousse.html

Only the top two images are hooked up with Lightbox 2 now. CLicking on one of the images invokes Lightbox 2. The Prev and Next buttons show up properly. They are called as a background image in the CSS file. The Loading and Close items not work. Is the referenced path relative to the JavaScript file or from the html file?

I put the entire Lightbox 2 folder at the root level of the site, the JavaScript file is linked in the html page, and the html file is nested in some other folders.

I have used Lightbox 2 before without incident, but in that case I put the entire Lightbox 2 folder in the same folder as the page that references it. I thought I would put it at the root level this time so I could more easily use it on other pages.

Ideas?

justbobf

Well, I guess I’ll answer my own question, to the best of my ability.

Seems the .js file’s path to the loading and close images is relative to the page it is linked to. So, my solution is to place the images folder at the same level as the page, but keep the other Lightbox 2 files at the root level of the site.

I found where I could change the link in the .js file; but, that would mean the link would only work for html files at the same folder depth in the site.

(Sorry, I got used to placing pages in folders in Adobe’s GoLive…I don’t like placing all of the files in one folder as so many web guys do. So, this problem is of my own making.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.