Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Lets Learn SASS together.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Senff
    Participant

@Mottie : that’s the point of my article — there is no Ruby dependency for the user at all! With Compass.app, it’s amazingly simple.

(Well, under the hood it’s Ruby, but you won’t have to deal with it.)

I did look into LESS but it came with a few too many things where I was put off (“The easiest way to install LESS on the server, is via npm, the node package manager” is one of them! I don’t want to deal with NPMs. Ha!)

Anyways, I’ve chosen SASS as my weapon of choice for the time being, glad to see that Chris’ “SASS vs LESS” article favors it too.

Marynka

-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:5px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomright:5px;

@mixin rounded_symmetrical($vert, $radius: 10px) {
    border-#{$vert}-left-radius: $radius;
    border-#{$vert}-right-radius: $radius;
    -moz-border-radius-#{$vert}left: $radius;
    -moz-border-radius-#{$vert}right: $radius;
    -webkit-border-#{$vert}-left-radius: $radius;
    -webkit-border-#{$vert}-right-radius: $radius;
    }

.user-settings { @include rounded_symmetrical(bottom, 5px); }

TheDoc

Just a follow up on my previous post: still using SCSS. It’s completely changed how I write CSS. I use generally use Compass through the Terminal (don’t use Codekit, stopped using LiveReload). We’ve even built it into our basic framework.

cameronolivier
    Participant

With regards the Gradient Mixin and ie9 support, if you make use of the boilerplate-based html-classes for ie, you can include support directly in the mixin with a.ie9 & {filter:none;}.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.